Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mail for Santa

Hello everyone,
I do hope you are all having a good weekend.  I decided that I would take the day off from, packing, cleaning and sorting, and just make some cards. I am running late with some challenges, but have now made them and will get them in on time,
The first one is a Christmas card, which is for the Christmas challenge at DS4J. The image we received this month is Santa's letter, and if you are not playing in the progressive challenge then you can get it HERE. If you would like to play in the challenge, then you have to request the new image from Desire and if you enter the card then you will get the new image the following month. A great way to get going with your Christmas cards...it isn't too late to start now!

 
Here is what I used:
 
Paper was from a Christmas paper pad I have had for ages. There is very little of it left.
Image - Santa's letter coloured with distress inkpads, added texture paste for the snow and some glitter over that. Ccut it out and mounted with silicone.
The diecut is from Joycrafts - Winter wishes and I added some glitter to that as well.
Sentiment is also a Joycraft one.
 
I did try and follow the sketch from Digi Sketch Challenge
 
At least my Christmas card collection is growing, but I do need to make at least 2 a month and I have been slipping the last month or so.
 
Will enter this in the following challenges:
 
Completely Christmas #18...Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge #183...Let's get sentimental..add a sentiment
Digi Design challenge...Lots of layers
Digi Sketch Challenge...sketch/feeling blue
My time to Craft #252...Christmas in June
My Perfect Life challenge #25...Any Christmas card goes
Christmas Card  challenges #31...Anything goes
The Squirrel and The Fox #73...Christmas in July

I hope to be back later tonight with my second card, but I do need to watch a football match that will start soon in South America, and the Dutch team needs my support...LOL, so till later....

Take care, love, Ursula

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic card Ursula.xxxx
The Journey is the Start

Petra Swart said...

Lovely card, Ursula!!! Love all the glittery snow!!!

Have a lovely week!!!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Ursula what a beautiful card. I love this image from DS4J. Hugs, AntoinetteT

Sari / Granne said...

So pretty card, love the clittering paper and beautiful diecut. Thank you for joining Digi Sketch Challenge, good luck.

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous card Ursula hun love it and thanks for joining us at Completely Christmas hugs Judith DT x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous festive creation!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft this fortnight, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Desire Fourie said...

Ursula this is gorgeous. Just love the sparkly touches and its beautifully coloured. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of July.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marina said...

So pretty and sparkly and the text background goes perfectly with the mail theme. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 183 and also for Completely Christmas 18 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel said...

Sorry, please ignore the bit about entering my CHNC challenge extra for Christmas - just realised that the card was made and blogged before 1 July - apologies! x